Monday, November 17, 2008

Flake Family Fire Fund

I just wanted to let everyone know that my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Dori's home was burned to the ground this past weekend in the Yorba Linda, California fire.  They did not have time to get any of their belongings out, and have lost everything they had.  If you personally know this family then you would know that they devote most of their lives to serving others and are amazing people.  In fact, this event happened on Saturday and my Uncle (without even having his own church clothes got up Sunday morning at 6 am to attend his meetings as a bishop for the LDS church.  After this they went to all the rest of their meetings for the day.  To this, I say what a truly amazing family to be able to just step right back in and serve.  There is a blog being dedicated to helping their family and we would really appreciate any help and prayers that you can offer.  There has even been a fund set up at any Wells Fargo Bank called The Flake Family Fire Fund.  Here is the link so please give your support  http://www.flakefamilyfire.blogspot.com/   I know that for many this may be a hard time to give but imagine what it would be like to lose everything but the clothes on your back. Thank You.   -Staci

2 comments:

Katie said...

thank you staci. and thanks for calling today, it meant a lot and it was good talking to you.

Harshes said...

Oh my gosh! They of course will be in my prayers. That would be hard to go through. They do sound like an amazing family!

Also, the kids looked so cute on Halloween. Yesterday Tatum said, "Mommy, I wanna go live in Utah so I can live by 'Lissa forever!" Cute!