Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ryan Turns 30

For Ryan's birthday this year I wanted to make it very special! He wanted to go away for his birthday with me, but due to Emily this was not quite possible yet. Thanks to a dear friend I got the idea to go for his 30th birthday celebration. Monday night I told Ryan we were going to go check out new video cameras for him. He has been wanting one for awhile so I thought I had the perfect excuse to whisk him away! We went to go get gas for the car and I told him it might be fun to do something a little different first. I asked him he wanted to go play laser tag and he was definitely on board but surprised that I wanted to go do something so "fun and active" (hee hee)
On our way to Laser Tag I was trying to hurry him up because I did not want to miss our first game. (I had reservations) When we got there we went inside and a few of our friends were there. Ryan said he thought we were just meeting a few couples. With in the next 15 minutes we had several of our favorite people ready to play three games of laser tag. I have to say it was quite out of the ordinary for a bunch of middle aged couples but we had a great time.
My favorite parts were watching some of us pair off with others to try to win or when Ryan rallied everyone together to try and beat all of the eight year olds we were up against. It was so much fun and everyone had a fun time! I was so excited to actually surprise Ryan because I am never good at keeping secrets. After we all went to Ryan's favorite yogurt shop Ocean Blue and had dessert! Ryan was truly surprised!!! I still can not believe I forgot to take pictures
Now, for the actual birthday!! Ryan went to work and (I will have to remember what happened at work before I can put it here)
Ryan had fun in the afternoon at a meeting with his friend Danny!
When Ryan came home the kids were absolutely ecstatic to see him! They planned a whole party for him. Including decorations! In Arizona there are three restaurants that give you $10 on your birthday and they are all fairly close together. So we ordered take out and drove around getting enough free food to feed our whole family dinner! We ended at a farm grill and the kids had all their presents and homemade banana cream pie ready for Daddy to share! Then, we came home and they had another party for him including his favorite Italian ice cream Spumoni! Ryan got lots of wonderful gifts! He got new running shoes, money and several gifts for the kids from the kids! He said this was his favorite birthday ever and I am so glad we could make it that for him!

Here are some of the gifts from the kids with the Spumoni!




I have to say most of all, I love that he wore this shirt today! I seriously feel like I am so blessed to have married such an Awesome man! He is soo good to me! Better then I ever truly imagined a man could love a woman, he loves me! I always feel so special from him and for that I am thankful! He is such a wonderful father and so involved in all the kids do! He takes the time to "date" them and get to know them and gives us almost all of his time! He sacrifices by giving up the "fun" single things to be grown up and work for the "responsible" things. I am so thankful for him and all the love and sacrifice he give to us and to our eternal family!! Happy 30th Birthday Ryan!


No comments: