Friday, January 2, 2009

6th Wedding Anniversary!

So, I haven't posted about our great Arizona vacation yet. But, we had a great Anniversary, my mom watched our kids for us on Saturday night so we could go to the temple.  We had such a wonderful time and enjoyed sleeping in till nine o'clock!  I wanted to share the greatest six things that I feel are important in the last six years for our family.

1.January 2, 2003-  Ryan and I were married and began our lives together as the Ryan and Staci Garner Family.  I can not think of a better way to start a new year than to begin our family. We were so excited on this day to finally become a couple.  I feel blessed to still remember the way I felt that day.

2.October 29, 2003- On this special day at 2:29 in the morning our sweet little angel Alissa was born.  I will never forget how wonderful it felt to finally hold her after six hours of waiting for her and Ryan to come back to the hospital room.  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful spirited little sweetheart in my life. 

3.January 2, 2004- On this day our little family was sealed for time and all eternity in the Mesa Arizona Temple.  I feel so blessed that Alissa was able to be there for this experience. This was such an amazing day and I feel so thankful to know that I can be with my family for eternity.

4.June 3, 2005- At 3:21pm we were blessed with our first son MacKenzie Layne Garner.  He had a hard time getting here, but we are so glad we have been blessed by him in our family.  Kenzie was born at home and delivered into his amazing fathers arms.  This was an absolutely incredible experience. He is such a sweet boy!

5.August 7, 2007- Ryan Taft was born on his Grandma's birthday in front of a crowd of about 25 people.  His birth was definitely a miracle to our family and I was so blessed to be able to deliver him without a c-section.  I like to joke that since he was breech he wanted to stay close to his mothers heart.  He has been such a joy in our lives and always can bring a smile to our faces!

6. January 2 2003-January 2 2009- I would have to say that my one of the six greatest things that has happened for us would be the amount of love, patience, kindness and blessings the Lord has poured out upon our family.  We have been so incredibly blessed that there is not enough time in the world to share our many opportunities and joys.  For this, we thank our Heavenly Father for what he has given us. I am so excited that as time continues on, we continue to learn and grow each day.  I can not help but be excited to see what each new year brings! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheers!!!!!!

Melissa Fullmer said...

Happy Anniversary you guys, you are the best and we really miss you guys. I hear there is a move in your future? that will make traveling easier, wink wink :)

Aimee said...

That was beautiful. Happy Anniversary

kristal said...

Happy anniversary. You guys are great together. Your RAW shiz is inspiring me. i was just going ot do it for a week once a month, but maybe, nahh, we'll stick with one week a month...seems like that would do some decent detoxing. maybe.?