Sunday, January 11, 2009

Garners Going Raw!

So I am sorry I have not posted in a few weeks. Here are a few highlights:

- Ryan has been finishing up all of his application stuff to apply to the Master's Program at ASU in Arizona.  The deadline is January 15th so we should here soon.
-Taft got the first stitches in the family this week, after falling on a choo choo train.  
-Alissa started dance and school again.  
-Kenzie decided he doesn't want to go to school because he wants to stay home with Mommy(which is fine with me).  
-Alissa and Kenzie were signed up for city soccer and start in a few weeks.

As for the greatest change, our family is transitioning to a raw diet.  What this means is that we do not eat any cooked food, well if it is cooked over 110%(which includes anything with a stove or microwave, we do not eat it)  Raw foodists say that at lest 80% of your diet has to be raw to be considered raw, but we are aiming for 95-100%.  This transition has started with Ryan and I.  We having been eating like this for ten days and have definitely been detoxing.  Ryan doesn't feel too different because he always ate pretty healthy, but I am going through huge changes.  So far, I have lost 16 pounds and still feel pretty sick, but I know my body is healing.  The kids are transitioning slower because I want to get us in the habit first.  We will not be putting them on an all raw diet, but high raw.  I am really excited for this change and we are committed for six months.   

My camera has been dead so, hopefully I can post pictures soon!  Hope everyone is well and having a great new year.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What is raw? tell me all about it

Elizabeth said...

Staci are you back on my blog now? You have to call me or email. We need to chat