Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wii Have Been Found!!

On any given afternoon this is what our house looks like. We used to have about nine kids over at a time and now we are up to at least fourteen. All of these kids live in the three houses next to us. They recently discovered our Wii and have been coming over everyday to play. In fact, I came home yesterday to them waiting on our porch. A few of them even have called me mom before. I love it because some of the other neighborhood kids feel welcome now too. I am teaching them that we do not swear or say mean things in this house and that we are always kind to each other. It has been such a great experience to have them all around. Today in fact we spent 2 1/2 hours learning to make pizza and they each got to make their own. All 14 of them. I love that they feel comfortable around us and that we can offer them a bit of a loving safe haven from some of the things they experience in their life. I feel so thankful to Heavenly Father for guiding us to this house!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are making a difference in those sweet little lives! How are all the classes going?

Woodside's said...

You are so sweet! I could not think of anyone who could be a greater example and make such a difference in those children's lives!

Kendra said...

Like I said....YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! You are such good people and are going to help those kids SO much!