Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update!

Well, let's see. This week has been very busy.

We made it through the first week of Kindergarten and Alissa LOVES school! This is exciting because she said she even loves it more than soccer or gymnastics! I am really excited for her and all the fun she is having. They even get to go on their first field trip next week. There are ten kids in the class and is definitely the little social butterfly. Yesterday we were at Target and she saw a little girl from school and this is how she introduced me, " Mom, this is Amber and she is in Miss Korans class." I was cracking up because that is not even her teacher but Alissa knows almost all the kids names at the school including the other grades. She sures love being with people. Her teacher says that she is definitely one of the most obedient and is a math whiz. Way to go Alissa!

MacKenzie is now adjusting to what it is like being the oldest at home all day and will literally go off for hours and play by himself. The house has a different dynamic now and is almost a little too quiet. Kenzie is still and preschool two days a week and some days is not sure he wants to leave mommy, so I do not pressure him. He is really into cooking right now and always is asking to bake things. He also loves being a boy with daddy. It was really cute, earlier this week we were in the car and Kenzie says," I want to be Mommmy when I grow up." It was fun to have a talk with him on why he can't be a mommy but he gets to be a daddy if he wants which is just as special. He still loves to love on Taft a little too much but we are getting so much better at being gentle.

Taft is growing up so fast. He walks around all the time scrunched down and mobile. He absolutely LOVES daddy right now and as afternoon rolls around he will go to the door and ask for daddy. His favorite thing to do right now is pretend he is having adult conversations with everyone. He will go, "Mamma" I will say yes and then he just goes of on tangents of words that don't really make sense. It is soo funny. He also sleep thought the night now in his own crib upstairs which is wonderful! He also got his first tooth this week, it is all the way in and it is fun to watch him fiddle with it. He already wants to be one of the big kids and feel likes he need slots of respect. He is definitely having fun with his family.

Ryan is working very hard and still LOVES his job. He is finally on a regular schedule which is nice and he is soooo excited to be going on a trip with just me. The greatest news is that his website is up and his books are actually in print and will be here within the next two weeks. This is a great thing to see play out. My husbands dreams are coming true and I am so glad to be along for the ride to support him through that. Ryan is also being an amazing dad. He is so caring with the kids and has been really helpful recently. I am so proud to have a husband who honors his priesthood and presides over our family in righteousness.

As for me, I have been living a dependable lifestyle for a little over a month now and have lost at least 20 pounds. I am so excited to have Ryan's book around to remind me of which important wellness principles to focus on. I have to say I am enjoying having a little bit more time with fewer kids around. It is nice to have things a little less hectic once and while. I am actually a little nervous though to leave the munckins on Thursday, I know my mom will do fantastic with them as always, but Taft is still so little and I am unsure. I know I will miss them, but I need to make the best of the situation. I probably would not mind taking them with me, but this will be a nice break for Ry and I. We are very blessed to have this opportunity and I am very thankful for that. I have also been spending a lot of time lately working on Ryan's business and learning a lot about taxes and business information too. I love getting to do so much to help Ryan's business.

I truly feel like we are so blessed and have things so nice. It is great to get to keep in touch with everyone through blogging! Hope you are all well!

1 comment:

Katrina and Bill said...

That was all so good to read. I love hearing all the news in your family! All your kids are so sweet and capable. You've obviously done a really great job with them. And Hawaii will be a great change of pace, too. Can't wait to see you all in three and a half weeks!