Sunday, October 11, 2009

Recently

For the last week or so it has been extremely hot getting up to 85 degrees and no breeze. Yes, I know this doesn't seem hot, but imagine adding humidity and not having AC. Well, I am to happy to say that my mom purchased a small window AC unit which has saved us recently. Now, we all tend to spend our time in the family room only. I even slept on the couch once. Before this heat spell hit, we had a nice rainstorm. The kids had a blast playing in it! I truly love our yard!

While in the midst of our "sickness" Taft decided he needed "bandages." Most of the time when the kids get and injury I will use a wipey and make a bandage. So, here you have Taft
with all his Ouchies.

And here is Ryan, I have never in our married life seen him as sick as he has been. He was so cold and totally bundled up most days just like this. I am happy to say that he is almost completely over it and even ran with his team again yesterday at Championships. I love seeing how happy coaching makes him! He is very proud of his team and how much they have improved. Tomorrow will be his first long run back again so I hope it goes well. He is still working on focusing on the Honolulu Marathon in December and spending the next few years trying to qualify for the Olympics. The new qualifying time is 2:19. I write this because it is one dream I will not letting him give up, so it will happen. Ryan is also still working on securing more stability for us and is loving his Masters Degree.

Homeschooling is moving right along. It has taken awhile to get adjusted but I believe it will be fantastic for our family. Alissa is still in dance, soccer and choir and enjoying all of them! Kenzie loves his Mommy preschool which is up to five kids too! Taft is growing up everyday and always making us laugh! I am now officially out of my first trimester of pregnancy and I can not believe how easy it was. Had I not gotten sick I would not have known I was pregnant. I like that I am busy enough to forget! Although, Alissa is a doll! She loves to learn about the baby and brings me the Week by Week Pregnancy book to show her. She already likes to touch my tummy and "thinks" she feels it kick and suck it's thumb. It makes me happy to see her so happy about it! We should know in about 3 weeks whether we are welcoming a baby boy or girl so that will be exciting! The new goal I have for our family is to make sure and get family pictures this year! I hope I can achieve it!

Although sometimes things get pretty crazy, it is so wonderful to always know we are keeping the Lord first and striving to always do what he wants for our family. I am so thankful for all I learn each day and for the opportunity to have a patient family who helps me to learn and grow. Sometimes, I look around and still feel like a child and then I realize that I am. I am still constantly learning and growing and changing just like them. And just like them I am learning right from wrong and how to become more Christlike. I am constantly amazed and what I learn on a daily basis and how much growing up there still is to do! I am truly thankful for the good times and the hard times and for all the many blessings we have been given!

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Your Awesome Staci....I love reading your blog you have such a positive outlook on life!

Unknown said...

I love you Staci! Awesome post!

Woodside's said...

It sounds like things are going good for you and your family. You are so positive and upbeat. I have always admired that about you!

Elizabeth said...

since you told me you were preg, 5 more people i know are too its crazy

Melissa Fullmer said...

you are super mom!