Saturday, October 3, 2009

We Are Sick

In case you are wondering, this is how we all feel. As of last Friday, it all began. Kenzie broke out in a bit of a rash on his face. We were thinking it was possibly eczema, because Alissa had had it. Then the following day came a rash on his body. Luckily a family friend, Donna, suggested it could be Fifth's Disease after much research it is definitely that. Fifth's Disease in case you care to know got its name back when measles, mumps, chicken pox and rubella were serious, it was the fifth disease. You can only get it once, and it is only severely dangerous to unborn children. Much to my surprise Ryan immediately followed with a rash and became very ill. Ryan has never been this sick in all the years I have known him or any time he can remember to his knowledge. Now, everyone has become very ill, except Mema miraculously. We have never ALL been sick before so this is a first for our family. It slowly spread through the rest of the bunch and has hit us pretty hard. We have pretty much been quarantined to our house for over a week now. We have tried to go out a few times, but we are so weak and tired that it is not worth it. Finally, I went to the doctor yesterday, because I had to get a referral for my midwife appointment on Tuesday. They ran a bunch of tests and we should know in the next few days is it is more than just the Fifth Disease. All I know is that it hit us hard and I hope we are now immune. Taft just got his rash today. So, how long will this last, I have no idea, the research said up to 21 days. I sure hope not. In the mean time, lots of movies and naps. We are so thankful Mema has been here, I truthfully don't know what we would have done without her. (I think she might need a vacation after this) Five sick people can be pretty exhausting. Thanks Mema!

1 comment:

Katie said...

yuck! I hope you guys get feeling better soon!