Friday, November 5, 2010

Alissa's Seventh Birthday

After the party Alissa and Ryan playing Santa with her gifts!

They didn't have a farm cake so we added our own animals to their scenery. One little girl left early so we cut a piece for her.

A few of the kids who came we ended up with over 20 kids!

Ryan was in charge of games and they had a blast, especially with the potato sack races!


I can not believe my baby girl is 7 years old. She has grown so fast and is maturing quickly. As she continues to grow I mostly think about the things that she is becoming....does she know she is loved? Does she know how much God loves her and how much of an impact he can have on her life is she listens to him? What will she choose for her life? How can I be the best mom she needs? Anyways, the list goes on and on, but I find the questions arise more as she grow up.
Alissa is an amazing young woman and I am so thankful to all she teaches me everyday. She is a joy to our family and a great leader. She loves to read lots of books and especially like to be outside. She loves to dance, sing and act and is the star of her class! She is very smart and doing great in school! She has already passed off six Articles of Faith and loves to answer questions about the gospel of Jesus Christ. She loves being a big sister and helping take car of her siblings. I love watching her leave for school holding Kenzie's hand as they get out of the car and walk to class. And although we definitely have our moments with her, where her stubbornness shows, I wouldn't change it for anything because she helps us grow!
For Alissa's Party we waited until the week after Halloween because the 29th is always full of Halloween Festivities. Alissa handmade about 30 8.5x11 Birthday Invitations with a barn drawing on them. We celebrated at the Val Vista Lakes Clubhouse next to the tennis courts. We had hot dogs, chips, pudding with dirt, cake and punch just as she wanted. We played lots of fun games like pin the tail on donkey, follow the leader, potato sack races and tag. Afterwards about ten of the children came to swim in the heated pool. We had a great time and she felt very loved. She got a lot of presents too. I think we counted 27 total and $50 worth of cash and cards. I was shocked at how generous everyone was. I love how much fun Alissa's Party always is!

No comments: