Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Well, here we all are. I look at this picture and can't help but want to cry. I have everything I ever truly wanted. I have an amazing husband and four precious children who all make my life crazy and lovely and amazing all at the same time. We may not have the riches of the world but we have the very best kind of true love. I am so thankful for my family this year and my extended family also. I have the best mom in the whole world. She isn't perfect and we don't always get along but she is part of our family and I am so thankful for all she does for my family. I am thankful for amazing in laws who I think about daily in the way they raised their children and how to use their strengths to our advantage. I am thankful to have brothers and sisters of all kinds to share the good times and the bad with. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father who has given me all I have and ever will have and who is patient with me through my daily imperfections. I am soo blessed and what is better then that?

Now, for the details. Thanksgiving Day was going to be jam packed with multiple Thanksgivings, Ryan gave the okay last minute and I just decided to take it easy. We go go go all the time and it was nice to take it slow. We woke up and had pumpkin waffles, hot chocolate and watched the two Thanksgiving Parades on TV. It was great just to hang out in our pajamas until 11am. I had fun making things for the dinner and then we headed over to My Uncle Jim and Aunt Hopes house for a yummy meal! The best part was the kids playing outside and playing tag! When we got home Ryan's grandparents came over and played games with us and we had a blast!

Friday was Black Friday and this is one of the few years I did't go overboard. I bought very little in fact. One small present for each child and a few work clothes for Ryan(who thankfully still has a job after his employer just laid off 700 people) That afternoon we went over to Tim and Sonia's house and had an amazing meal! It was one of my favorite Thanksgiving meals ever with Spicy Turkey and Avocado stuffing. It is so wonderful to be by Ryan's Brother and his wife Sonia. We absolutely adore them and love having them around as often as possible. We are lucky to live close again!

As for the rest of the weekend I have more pictures to come!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

I looked at that picture and said "Oh my gosh" not only are they cute I still remember slumber parties on your bedroom floor and peanut butter on the pancakes. You're not supposed to have four kids I miss your face and am so happy you have such an amazing little family.

Anonymous said...

such a cute picture I love it

Lindsay said...

Adorable picture. I love you guys!

Shayna said...

That is the greatest family shot! And Alissa holding Emily is perfect! We love you!

Elizabeth said...

OK with that shot you need at least three more kids. You are awesome