Monday, October 15, 2012

Baptism's With Cousins

This past weekend we went out to Maricopa to attend Ryan's first cousin David's Baptism. David is actually friends with Kenzie and they play great together so this was lots of fun!
I actually missed the whole baptism due to Kayli and Emily but I am very glad the kids could be there! Afterwards we went to their home and I have to say that I have never felt so welcomed in a family members home. I could not have asked for a better family to marry into then the Garner's. They are so fun and positive and spiritual. We were able to talk and laugh and play for over five hours.
They have a huge back yard and the kids did not want to leave with all the friends there to play with. They spent time playing with the hamster that got out. Aunt Carol put him in a ball and the Kenzie, Taft and Emily could not stop laughing following him around. Alissa met a friend her age name Alyssa and they spent most of their time outside in the mound plotting how to dig the whole deeper or jumping on the trampoline. Boy do I wish I had stairs. The stairs were Emily's entertainment. Especially once she realized how fun it it so go up and down and drop cars off the top of them. I cherished watching her smile as she placed the car between the rails and with glee dropped it to the room below. She was so proud.
I am amazed at Aunt Carol and how she is always so patient and calm. Uncle Blair is the same way. I am just in awe and how many things I see in all these people and want to be more like them.
So glad we could go to Maricopa and be there with David on his special day! And glad to have a big family to share happy memories with!

No comments: