Monday, October 15, 2012

Grandpa Garner's 85th Birthday Party!!

We are really lucky to get so much Garner Family time this week. Tonight was Grandpa Garners birthday party. Grandma and Grandpa invited all the family over for cake and ice cream and of course she had appetizers too, because she always goes above and beyond. There were at least twenty family members there and more coming as we left.

When I write this blog I write it mostly for my kids so they can remember things.

Kids,
Here a few things to remember about your Grandpa Garner:

Grandpa Garner has the sweetest smile. His smile can make anyone smile. He tells great jokes and stories. He is great at giving advice. He is good at keeping the kids in line. Grandpa Garner is very fun and funny! The best thing to me about Grandpa Garner is his amazing testimony. One thing to never forget is how much he loves the Lord and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Now, a few things about Grandma Garner:

I have never in my life met such a sweet, generous, caring, good woman as Ryan's Grandma. I do not even know if she ever rests. She is the greatest example of a hard working person. I have never seen her frown or complain. She has a cheery disposition and loves her family dearly. Sometimes I truly believe she knows something the rest of us don't or truly just gets the gospel. Ever since I have known her it seems she has been on some type of church mission. I know she loves the Lord and is always doing his work.

Sometimes I wish we could just take a date to Grandma and Grandpa's house to talk with them more and get to know them better.

Well, Happy Birthday Grandpa Garner and thanks for having us over!


No comments: