Thursday, October 16, 2008

Butterflies




Alissa LOVES butterflies and it just so happens that her Aunt Katrina and Uncle Bill even bought her a butterfly book last year. She loves the idea of catching them but had never caught one before. Alissa came running in soo excited to tell me that she had actually caught one with her net. She even had to call Mema to come see it. Sweet Mema actually came and they had so much fun going through her book to find exactly which kind of butterfly it was. Alissa decided that she need to keep the butterfly but we chose to let it go because it was best for the butterfly. I love the picture which shows the way she is telling how she caught the butterfly to Mema!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

SO CUTE! I love butterflies. tell alyssa I love butterflies and next time we will have to catch some together!

Katrina and Bill said...

oh fun! I'm so glad she likes the book and is finding a use for it as she investigates butterflies in real life! I've always loved them, too. They're as close as we can get to fairies. :-)