Monday, March 16, 2009

Real Cheese Anyone?

Okay, so I usually do not post about my pet peeves, but this one I wanted to post about.  Ryan and I went grocery shopping the other night at Walmart on our date night.  Yes, we have stooped to shopping at Walmart, but who cares when times are tough.  Anyways, we needed to buy cheese for a soup that I was making.  I wanted to buy the shredded kind to save some time and could not believe that it is even cheaper now than it used to be.  So, I picked up a bag of cheese and started reading the label.  Oh my gosh, they put fillers in our cheese now! I could not believe it.  Cheese is no longer real cheese, then I checked the "natural" kind, same thing.  Then, I decided to look at the blocks of cheese, only two kinds of block cheese were actually real cheese and of course they were expensive.  And people wonder why we all have so many health problems, seriously.  They are even corrupting our cheese.  So, moral of this story, please read what it is your food and actually educate yourself on what the strange ingredients are.  Thanks for listening!

6 comments:

Rheanna Bristol said...

I completely understand your frustration. Thats why we hardly eat meat!
There is a cheese plant behind your house up past apple valley. They have good 'real' cheese there.

Elizabeth said...

Love ya! This weekend we are going to latte da farm in flower mound to get goat milk and cheese. fresh from farm

Elizabeth said...

TOTALLY going to visit in Hawaii, You must find me a great guy.

Aimee said...

What are the two real cheeses? Don't keep me in suspense!

kristal said...

yea, I don't read labels because I married the king of reading every label and ruining my eatting experiences. haha! I do appreciate it, but I mean, come on, I haven't had an oreo in over 5 years...I grea up on those things! Yea, the cheese we have is awesome! You should come get some!!!

kristal said...

oh, and can you PLEASE fix your yahoo messanger! I miss IMing you!!!!