Saturday, May 30, 2009

Too Fast

I find that the weeks just fly by since we have moved to Hawaii.  We have been here about six weeks now and it feels likes we have always been here.  Everyone, is happy and doing well!! We found an element that suites our whole family and I feel gratitude to my Heavenly Father for this.  We have been so very blessed these last few months! Obviously life is still life, but it is so nice to be here going through it.  

Updates:

Ryan has just finished his two week graveyard shift training at Turtle Bay and now will be given day front desk shifts.  He loves his job and especially the perks included.  He also, just interviewed for the Head Cross Country coaching position at Kahuku High School and only has one other main competition (who is a local) so we shall see.  He will be doing substitute teaching to supplement his Turtle Bay job.  He surfs 3-4 times a week and is getting quite good at it.  He also got a skateboard and uses it to get around town which is fun for him.  I think Ryan feels more in his element here than anyone else, if that is possible.

I am doing good.  I can not believe I am almost 26 and over half way through my twenties.  I just finished my second veggie co-op week and love getting to know all the people I am meeting through it.  I haven't been walking in the mornings cause Ryan has been working at that time, but this week I am hoping to right back in the swing of things.  I am maintaining the 32 pound weight loss so far which feels nice and am ready for another major drop here.  I love the weather here!! It really helps with my fibromyalgia.  And is so nice on skin and breathing.  I can why people are healthier here.   I am enjoying nursery too and all the little kids I meet there.  We have been working on establishing a better routine there, so it has been rocky but is going much better each week.   I love being a mom and getting to have a few extra kids almost everyday after school too!

Alissa is growing up so fast.  She graduates from Kindergarten on Thursday and I can not believe how fast that has gone.  She has made three really good friends already and I like to look at them as though they will be friends for life.  She is signed up for soccer in the fall and isn't quite sure what to expect for "Spring Break" as she calls summer break. Alissa has also decided she does not want to go to first grade unless the others kids do.  She loves to swim and "surf" and is desperately wanting to get bike so she can ride around with her friends.  Her eczema is pretty much completely gone and it is such a relief to never hear scratching at night anymore or have her skin scratched up.  She still loves to wear dresses and is starting to want her own space and time away from her brothers.  But is also so good at helping with both of them.  Alissa is truly her Daddy's girl, everything he does she wants to do just like him and be just like him.  I am so glad she has the opportunity to be able to do this.

MacKenzie is going to be four years old on Wednesday.  I truly can not believe it.  I still remember when my oldest was four.  Kenzie has grown up so much and truly becoming his own little personality.  He loves to build things and is really good at it.  He like block and legos mostly. He has two little friends that come over just about everyday to play and they are definitely little boys.  He like to play guns and swords mostly which I do not exactly understand the innate ability to know about those things and obsess over them but I am trying to keep an open mind and hope it will pass.  He even makes his own guns out of legos and blocks because I won't buy them.   He loves snuggles and singing and he especially misses his Mema and asks for her every single day.  I love having his silly fun little personality in our family.

Taft is growing up fast too.  He is definitely in the middle of the twos although he doesn't actually turn 2 until August.  He is using sentences now regularly and talks almost as well as the other two.  He doesn't ever skip a beat and has to be right in the middle of the attention at all times.  He loves to play with all the kids and thinks he is as old as them.  He also prefers the older kids then the ones his age.  He is also a good climber.  He loves the ocean and likes the sand too.  Taft's favorite thing to do is give kisses, if he tries to give you a kiss and you reject it(which some of the neighbor kids do) he hits you and goes and pouts till you give him a kiss.  I think everyone is finally catching on that you just give Taft kisses and he will be okay.  Taft is also growing fast, he just had a growth spurt and grew about 2 inches.  He also loves to sing and make silly faces.

Well, that is most of the updates I can think of.  We are so excited also for the next few weeks! Today, I got pick up Aubrey's husband Adam at the airport, we have two birthdays this next week and then my Mom gets here on Sunday for a week.  Talk about exciting!!

3 comments:

Rheanna Bristol said...

I am glad things are going well for you in your new move. It looks like all is adapting well. I hope it continues to work out.
Love The Bristols
-Did they put you back in the nursery? Oh, Dear!

Kasey said...

You sound like you are all doing great, but then again how could you not-you live in Paradise????!!! We sure do miss you guys in the nursery but I'm glad it has turned out to be such a great move for you guys! Any luck with the house yet? Thanks for the updates.

Woodside's said...

I am glad things are going so well! The update was fun to read and find out about your adorable family!