Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy 26th Birthday to Me!!

My day started off kind of crazy, although I do have to say I was thankful for all the wonderful Facebook birthday wishes. Ryan had to leave for work by 6:30 so I didn't really see him before he left. After everyone was up and going we went on a walk, stopped by a garage sale and visited a park. After the park I was spent. It is pretty hot here during the middle of the day so I was ready for naps but the kids weren't so we just relaxed. When I got home my friend Sara had covered my front door in sweet birthday hearts. She is such a sweetie!! When Ryan got home he had gone to Ted's Bakery and got a pie and ice cream for us and bought me a movie. He also let me know he wanted to take the family to Haleiwa to play for the night. But, our cousins were also moving this day so around 3 o'clock we went over to start cleaning and helping them unpack. The kids stayed and played with their kids while Ry and I went and finished cleaning up the other house while Taft slept in the car. While there we heard the sound of the ice cream truck. I knew this would be my opportunity to actually get to buy something since it was my birthday. So, Ryan ordered a root beer float and I ordered a hot fudge banana sundae. This was not your ordinary ice cream truck with packaged ice cream. It was fresh like Dairy Queen! So, we enjoyed that and then headed over to the Phungs to help unpack some. They were so sweet to feed us dinner and then we shared the pie. They even got me lei's which was lots of fun.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a busy birthday! But are the Pungs moving to a new house? I thought the other one was a "new" house. It seems like they were just posting pictures of it a year ago as a new place for them.

Unknown said...

Just reading that made me feel overwhelmed. But there is nothing like the high of being productive. I'll take those endorphins any day.
Glad you were able to provide service.