Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Love Summer Vacation!!

So, we have started a new chapter in our life. It is called Summer Vacation! It is a bit different having all the kids home now but I have to say that I absolutely love it. The first week we were transitioning and now we have gotten into a routine which is so fun.
The kids are loving their chore charts and I especially love starting and ending our day with scriptures and prayer! Twice a day is twice as nice!
We have Mommy School every morning from a bout 8-10. I have been using The Letter of the Week Curriculum my friend told me about here and then for Alissa I am using The Karl G. Maeser Academy curriculum which I printed from their website. It is my dream to use that curriculum to teach my children so for now I will just supplement with it since I don't have $500 a year for it. I love hearing Alissa recite poems about God and Christ and also hearing her learning the scientific method and how we use it to find out things about the world God created for us. I am enjoying them learning from me too. After lesson time and singing we have crafts and activity and then usually end with a snack. The kids even like to say they are going to recess once we are finished. My favorite is that they call me Teacher and I am not allowed to use any of my nicknames for them, they want to be called simply Alissa and Kenzie like a teacher would call them.
After this we usually go on outings, this week we went to the zoo and shopping in town! Or we will go to the beach or have friends come over or go play at friends houses.
I am truly loving Summer Vacation and don't think I ever want it to end!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Teacher...

It is great that the kids are receptive to the "summer vacation" adgenda. I love that they like/love learning!!! Yahoooo!

Now I have to convence Tim that his summer class could be just as rewarding.

Kendra said...

K I want you to send me those I need something, I have dropped the ball this summer we have been so busy :(

Kristen said...

I have been loving it too!! I love the Letter of the Week! We have been using it with the Core Knowledge books, and the kids are learning, I love being the one to teach them! it's so rewarding.. .:)

Testing said...

I love both of those programs! And Core Knowledge too like Kristen said!

Aimee said...

Holy Moly, I'm sad I don't get to read your blog more. But I loved catching up. You are probably the best teacher ever, congrats on getting accepted to BYU Hawaii and I'm glad your mom got to visit and that you were able to go on a date again. I miss you...I guess Chris and I will have to come visit you guys

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.